Job Purpose - Prepare, implement and execute sales and business development of allocated products to ensure sales target (Volume and Revenue) are met and to achieve business strategic objectives.
Key Result Areas :
- Propose & implement sales plan aimimg to meet or exceed business target
- Achieve Target FY 22 Qty (MT)
- Achieve Value Target Value (Rs Cr)
- Achieve NSR across all unitsto meet profitability numbers for the product which is aligned to the business goals
- Break down annual number into monthly numbers (seasonality based) to achieve targets
- Regular co-ordination with plant and customer support team to prioritize production and dispatches as per market needs.
- Regular visit / interaction with at various level with customers organization
- Monthly meeting with ZONAL HEAD / APPLICATION HEAD for joint review on development project, previous months status , plans specific actions for Sales to convert new project into business and review the plan for next month.
- Receivables & Credit control
- Ensure on time collection from Customers / dealers
- Overdue should be under control and no overdue receivable by month end.
- Also ensure that there is zero overdue
- Set receivables targets for the month at the beginning of the month..
- Monitor and review the receivables collection on daily basis.
- Weekly review with ZONAL HEAD.
- Send communication receivable statement to all customer in the beginning of the month.
- Visit customers and if needed with higher management for critical receivables.
- Market Development Plan
- Achieve full production capacity utilization
- Market penetration to increase market share
- Increase in sales revenue and Profitability
- Identify new markets / Geographies where we are not present.
- Make travel plan.
- Prepare customer mapping report city wise showing application / consumption / current supplier / pricing / credi terms
- Co-ordinate with technical team to improve synergy and do joint visits.
- Plan regular visit to key customers and also to untapped markets.
- Participate in Exhibitions and make presentations at key seminars on our products.
- Market Intelligence
- Strategic decisions by senior management
- New product development
- Pricing strategy
- Keeping watch on the competitor’s strategy along with customer activities and provide necessary information to the higher management for necessary actions at their end
- Collection of market information from various sources and timely submission of the same to dept. heads and functional heads
- Regular visits to the customers for developing relationship to get competitors as well as customers information
- Understand from customer any new product is launched by competitor at white price / application
- Inform technical team and provide customers specifications to check if we can also develop similar product which competitor offering
- Check any new capacity coming up OR any expansion of capacity by existing competitors
- Make report and discuss with Zonal head
- Distributor / Dealer Management
- Increase market share with small customers / unorganized sectors
- Cover Payment risk
- Timely deliveries for small lots
- Explore markets/regions where we need to focus on unorganized sector OR small customers where payment is risk and buys small lots
- Identfy correct distributor who can promote / sell our products to small customer / unorganized sector
- Go through standard Distributor selection process to appoint right distributor /channel partners.
- Have agreements in place for our existing and new Distributors.
- For existing Distributor, complete the previous year performance review and agree on Targets that cover all aspects of business
- Review of Distributor performance monthly
- Regularly review credit performance, level ,limits etc
- Credit Limit Management
- Safeguarding customer risk
- Settlement of outstanding balances
- Improving cash flow
- Check customer’s / distributor’s credibility in the market by contacting their end users / customers
- Contact credit rating agencies for report
- Try to take bank guaranty OR security deposits from end customers as well for safety
- As per company policy and based of market report / credit rating company set credit limits as per SOP
- Review credit limit yearly with Finance team
Minimum Experience Level: