1) Job Purpose: Write the purpose for which the job exists (in 2-3 lines) (Max 1325 Characters)
To lead the assigned branch by effective planning & management of resources and ensuring achievement of agreed business targets through effective sales strategies to help the branch lead in terms of market share and brand equity in a cost effective manner.
2) Dimensions: Mention quantitative or qualitative parameters that are relevant for the job and provide a better understanding of the scope and scale of the job.
Business Workforce Number
Unit Workforce Number
Function Workforce Number
Department Workforce Number
Other Quantitative and Important Parameters for the job: Budgets/ Volumes/No. of Products/Geography/ Markets/ Customers or any other parameter
Manpower = 18 AM/ BMs; Branch Managers in case of large branches
Annualised Premium (in Cr) – 1.2 to 5 Cr
Policies(Nos) – 600 to 2500
Net Annualised Advisor Commission (NAAC) (in Lac) - 0.4 Cr to 1.5 Cr
Persistency – 85% ; 13 month rolling premium persistency
Sales Progression – Maintain 30% of sales progression in the team
Licensing – create distribution as defined in the targets.
Activisation – As per the assigned targets
3) Job Context & Major Challenges: Write the specific aspects of the job that provide a challenge (internal and external) to the jobholder in the context of the Business/Unit/Function/Department/Section ((Max 3975 Characters)
Key Challenges –
4) Key Result Areas: Write the key results expected from the job and the supporting actions for each of these key result areas (For a majority of jobs typically there could be 4- 7 key result areas)- Maximum 10 KRAs can be updated
Key Result Areas (Max 1325 Characters)
Supporting Actions (Max 1325 Characters)
Plan sales strategies and achieve branch business targets in terms of number of agents, productivity, new premium, persistency of business.
Promote productivity of the field force through effective people management.
Establish good working habits for the force, undertake productivity improvement drives, organize specialized training programs etc.
Ensuring persistency of the business in order to ensure enhance business goals.
Inculcate a culture of financial discipline in the branch to have well control on revenue.
Ensure 100 % compliance in order to smooth running of the operation and enhance the productivity in the assigned branch.
Provide regular update to the sales force /operation staff regarding changes in the Underwriting /IRDA Guidelines as well as Sales Process from time to time.
Drive sales promotional activities in order to achieve the business numbers.
Recommend product and process improvement to the company to enhance efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
Ensure effective administration of the branch to sustain smooth functioning and operations in a cost effective way.
5) Job Purpose of Direct Reports: Describe the job purpose of the direct report/s to the job (in 2-3 lines for each report)
Front Line Sales - AM-SAM-BDM-AP-BP-MP:
The purpose of this job is to recruit quality advisors (free lancer) & support / train them to enable them procure insurance policies from the market & subsequently service the customers.
Sales Support executive:
To coordinate advisor training, licensing and advisor activisation (Advisor IRDA training and advisor servicing) to provide business support to sales.
To improve the overall productivity of the 0 to 6 month vintage FLS. Work on the distribution building process in the branch and improve the input output ratio.
6) Relationships: Describe the nature and purpose of most important contacts or relationship (except superior/team members) with individuals, departments, organizations inside and outside of the organization, that job is required to interact with in order to deliver the job objectives
Relationship Type (Max 80 Characters)
Nature (Max 1325 Characters)
Area Training Manager
Nature:Follow-ups regarding the Pendencies, Customer Queries,
To maximise the recruitment, pass percentage, training need arise from time to time.
To resolve HR related queries.
Nature:To discuss about daily activities / sales related Issues / Contests/Motivating.
Recruitment of the Sales Force/ Settlement of the bills.
7) Organizational Relationships: Provide the structure for a level above and below the position for which this job description is written. Use position titles in the structured and indicate all the reports of the position.
SIGN-OFF: Provide the name of the Manager and the jobholder. Signature needed for the hard copy of the JD. Hard copy to be maintained in the organizational record.
Reports to – Manager
Signature (needed for the hard copy)