The overall purpose of the job is:
- Provide engineering solutions and executing de-bottlenecking projects for continual improvement in process quality and efficiency to achieve process excellence and perform project management tasks for capital-intensive projects to increase plant production capacity.
- Reviewing options and developing project definitions through pre-feasility analysis for strategic projects
- Liaisoning with Govt. Authorities for obtaining approvals for implementing various projects
- Ensuring efficient provision of Design and Engineering, equipment selection, finalise layout and zero base cost estimation to all developmental projects.
- Assist in the review and development of technical standards, input into vendor and contractor evaluations, identify new or alternative sources and develop new technical and commercial strategies.
- Reviewing options and developing project definitions through pre-feasibility analysis . Provide engineering and innovation technology to support major projects in a rapidly growing company.
- Effective preparation of annual Capex Plan & three year rolling plan with interactions with all departments for wealth generating schemes and other needy projects including strategic projects. Define schedules, risk assessments and specifications & interact with finance / H.O for approval of this plan.
- Evaluating technical feasibility, financial viability, alternatives and mode of implementation of each and every proposal during processing of RFA 's. Co-ordinate with various authorities & H.O for the approval of RFAs..
- Overseeing the design, tender, construction and commissioning stages of approved multi-disciplinary projects to ensure safe delivery and control cost and schedule performance.
- Effective commissioning of these projects including proper documentation for desired results. Evaluate the committed gains of the projects implemented (post project review).
- Monitoring fund flow of Capex items & provide cash forecast statements to accounts dept. Monitors expenditures to ensure they are within approved budget and will maximize performance and minimize costs. Interfaces with other company resources, external technical resources, other chemical plants and the corporate office.
- Carry out monthly Capex performance computation, SOA analysis, SQC analysis etc. Prepare Capitalisation report. Evaluates key performance indicators, make timely decisions and set priorities consistent with department and corporate goals.
- Conduct periodic capex review meeting to monitor the progress of projects handled by other departments.
- Preparation of reports for infrastructure development projects as and when required basis.
- Ensure adherence / implementation of ISO, WCM & OHSAS activities of the department to match with company’s vision.
- Planning and execution of jobs in best safety standards & as per target dates and within approved amounts
- Coordinate with HR to Provide specialist engineering training and development for Section staff.
Bachelor Of Engineering
Minimum Experience Level:
Assistant Vice President