Organise coordinate & monitor implementation of safety procedures and programmes for prevention of personal injuries in order to maintain safe working environment and to enhance productivity of the Unit.
2. Organise & coordinate with senior management and champion of safety standards for implementation of safety practices in plant Safety promotion
3. Development of safety procedures
4. Statutory compliance
5. Experience in implementing and monitoring Safety management systems and processes, quality incident investigation, safety communication, knowledge management & imparting safety training. Good knowledge about safety statutes / rules and regulations.
6. Knowledge of best safety practices / risk assessments / safety standards applicable to Cement Manufacturing
7. Communication Skill / Networking ability/ ability to guide Sub-committees
8. Ability to inspect / audit / investigation of incidents.
9. Close monitoring and review of safety management system
10. Drive UTCL safety standards/procedures, sub-committees and facilitation teams
11. Conduct & organize various motivational programmes & campaigns to enhance safety awareness.
12. Conduct safety audits, engage in risk assessment at site.
13. Benchmarking of best safety practices and advocate/facilitate deployment
Critical Job competencies / Mandatory Skills:
1. Thorough with Indian Factories Act, 1948 & Karnataka Factory Rules, 1969 and its amendments
2.Thorough with Safety Management System Standards (OHSAS 18001, IS 45001`& SA 8000)
Professional Qualifications: B. Tech/Diploma (Engineering)
Essential: 1. Post Diploma in Industrial Safety from CLI / RLI.
2. Adequate knowledge of the language spoken by the majority of workers (Kannada)
Preferably: B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Chemical).
Should have experience of working in Cement/Process Industry