This job pertains to lead Digital and Information Technology function for the Aditya Birla business “Chemicals, Fertilizers & Insulators” (This business has 18 locations with combined turnover of USD 2.5 Billion+).
The job purpose is to create Digital and IT strategy and roadmap (in line with business strategy), finalize the Digital architecture & project portfolio, manage the resultant projects, drive Cyber security compliance for the business tools and collaborate with the businesses to deliver the best benefits. The job will be strategic lead to capitalize on latest technology and work closely with biz leaders to develop new biz opportunity and shape future business model. This role will also be key resource to manage current business model and partner with group IT to build strategic partnerships with start-ups and OEM’s eco system. Also, partner with group IT to realize synergies within the group and own Digital budgets execution at best optimum cost.
The role will also play critical role on recruiting, building and motivating the Digital and IT team and ensuring adequate skills and competencies within the team which is an important element of this job. This position will also be part of executive committee /governing board.
The key aspects and expectations of this role is as follows:
Develops, implements, and drives Digital roadmap in cost-effective manner with focus on customer excellence and internal process efficiency.
Create and own Digital and IT transformation in Manufacturing, Sourcing, Supply chain and help create digital view for customer facing metrics like Delinquency, order management ,buy to pay, forecasting, fulfillment and logistics.
Evaluate existing IT/Digital tools to scale up and make it more meaningful for the business.
Create internal and external tools evaluation in end-to-end supply chain to drive cloud based application like HANA cloud integration for demand planning to supply management.
Must have exposure to digital tools and applications in Manufacturing environment like OEE, Material optimization, Asset performance management, Predictive maintenance, Inventory mgt., Delinquency mgmt., Procure to ship cost tracking, e-Andon, Quality/SPC tools.
Must have exposure for creating web-based solutions for e-auction, reverse auctions.
Own and drive IT Infrastructure, budget and networking/ ERP, Hyperion modules effectiveness and efficiency.
Need to have great project management abilities to drive project streams and its execution.
Create strong operating synergy with group IT and team to drive common process, technology partner selection and driving tools/ processes usage for group.
Create clear visibility on current IT/Digital tools for Cyber Security compliant and establish As-is gap analysis to mitigate the risk across value chain.
Multiple ERP’s and its integration to effectively drive Analytics and analysis
Creating clear outcomes led digital tools deployment and transformation
Navigating and Driving Change: Creating buy-in, especially when there is no compelling drive for Digital tools unless tool shows return on investment.
Driving Collaboration: A key ingredient for success in the role is collective effort from across units. The role holder may not have sufficient dedicated team members for all aspects, and individuals deployed at sites are expected to extend co-operation. Creating synergy is therefore a key requirement and challenge. Securing agreement from all units w.r.t. following process consistently is a challenge, given that units have been accustomed to their own individual approach/way of doing things.
Regulatory compliance: is an immediate and continuous requirement, across units. Regulations are stringent and constantly evolving; public perception and awareness of environmental regulations and compliance is also growing. The challenge is to ensure uniformity across sites, as sites are on different levels of performance and compliance (especially older sites). This also requires continuous tightening of processes to keep with new regulations.
Overall Digital & IT thought leadership and governance
• Presence in key meetings, business reviews, peer group and Industry bodies to understand context and key priorities/ new tools.
Formulate Digital strategy and its governance
• Understand current business, end to end supply chain digital needs, As-Is tools and create Digital strategy roadmap in collaboration with internal stakeholders, Group IT and external partners as needed to execute flawlessly.
• Set common and standard operating review on strategic roadmap Vs execution plan on monthly basis to remove roadblocks and flawless execution.
Drive governance, risk and Cyber Security compliance management
• Institute Digital/IT security committee and related processed.
• Work with business CISO and Group IT to have security audits and remedial actions.
Build Digital framework for key business process maturity to drive efficiency and Analytics – )Costing, Sales-distribution-logistics execution, Manufacturing & Sourcing excellence)
• Understand existing process and create the Digital framework for key business processes namely: Demand Planning, Mfg. operations, Quality, Sourcing & procurement, Logistics, Customer shipments and overall financial Hyperion/ metrics tracking.
• Support driving solutions for all costing processes (std. costing, material ledger) in SAP to make effective use and driving metrics output.
• Ensure suitable extraction of necessary data for MIS/BI needs. Prepare for SAP HANA migration plans in 1-2 years.
• Assess best of external tools like Mobile handhelds, RFID for integration to SAP modules.
• Create clear engagement with SAP leadership to ensure all functionalities are fully utilized and constantly refined.
• Help create Analytics from key EHS, Sustainability modules like Enablon for ease in decisions/ gaps understanding.
Training and Capability Building
• Advise L&D on training design, content and deliverables.
• Strengthen IT talent at Units thru development
• Mentor training participants and guide live projects at units, job rotations and engagements in key projects.
Deploy Industry best practices on Digital and IT interface and create Functional Guidance
• Engage and create Industry peers and general best practices related to our business thru MIS on quarterly basis
• Create low cost optimum digital and IT infrastructure management for CFI sector leveraging the best practices.
• Enable team members stay updated on new software, tools, knowledge and, best practices
Overall Digital & IT thought leadership and governance :-
Presence in key meetings, business reviews, peer group and Industry bodies to understand context and key priorities/ new tools.
Master's Degree in Advanced information technology with extensive experience in Digital, IOT and Digital Analytics
Minimum Experience Level:
16 - 20 Years
Head - SCM ( CFI Sector)