To provide E & I support of the instrumentation and electrical equipment/systems including installation, troubleshooting and repair, and preventative and predictive maintenance. E & I support also includes documentation integrity of our equipment/systems in a way that maximizes equipment reliability and unit up-time.
The position is required to successfully execute the following job responsibilities:
• Maintain and repair E&I equipment in the assigned area in a safe and orderly manner in order to have a reliable operating unit.
• Provide daily support to operations in the E&I maintenance areas in order to make necessary repairs.
• Document and maintain equipment history in order to replace unreliable equipment.
• Perform calibration and repairs on all types of instrumentation, pneumatic and electronic in order to have a safe and reliable operating unit.
• Knowledge of and use of electrical test equipment, volt, OHM, amp meters in order to calibrate electrical equipment.
• Perform troubleshooting on series and parallel circuits, pertaining to lighting circuits, control circuits, and interlock circuits in order to make necessary maintenance repairs.
• Perform calibration on various types of switches (pressure, temperature, and flow) in order to maintain a safe operating unit.
• Perform routine installation of conduit and instrument tubing, including conduit and tubing bending and proper installation of fittings in order to make instrumentation installations.
• Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on electrical heat tracing in order to make necessary maintenance repairs.
• Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on automated control systems (PLC/DCS) in order to maintain a safe operating unit.
• Assist in managing the site instrumentation and electrical technical documentation to ensure equipment designs, technical drawings, and process changes are documented and current.
• Assist with Quality Improvement Projects in order to facilitate continuous improvement.