- To conceptualize and drive process and product R&D (Viscose and fiber spinning) projects .
- These include specialty products/productivity increase / cost-savings/ quality/sustainability improvements.
- This role has a responsibility to develop new concepts that have commercial viability and feasibility for scale up. An additional responsibility is to resolve process problems encountered and improve existing processes at the unit level. Thus the role requires deep scientific knowledge (acquired through education and training) and experience in process excellence and technological innovations linked to product attributes and/or chemical manufacturing processes.
- Brainstorm and define projects linked to development and/or improvement of production processes leading to new products, cost-reduction (material consumption reduction or alternative cheaper material, utilities reduction, environmental impact reduction etc.)
- Strategic selection and prioritization of projects and resources utilization
- Present business case to relevant stakeholders for approval and execution
- Ensure feasibility, viability and desirability of new and/ or improved process and prepare a business case accordingly
- Prepare an action plan and set milestones to track progress made on the projects
- Ensure detailed data analysis of trial results to arrive at key critical success factors for next stage of development / implementation.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and proactively inform/educate them about the approach and outcomes
- Prepare a contingency plan for unanticipated requirements during pilot and implementation phases
- Technology transfer and participation in Scale-up to plants. Hand-holding following the early plant trials.
Minimum Experience Level:
Strong Background of chemical engineering
PhD in Chemical Engineering from reputed university
over 10 years of industry experience in the area of scale up, pilot projects, process and product development and possess research mindset