Process Engineer is to monitor, coordinate and provide technical support for process/production control/reliability. Identify and implement process improvements to improve product quantity, quality, and operations productivity and efficiency. Identifies equipment improvement projects, work flow improvements, and in conjunction with corporate engineering, test protocols for new processes or products trials.
Key Accountability: Unit efficiency/reliability/quality/ Best Practices
Works with plant and corporate personnel to evaluate new and existing processes, recommend improvements, develop and document procedures and conducts personnel training.
Monitors operating conditions and provides technical support to achieve maximum production and improve efficiency and quality uniformity.
Utilizes statistical process control methods to monitor manufacturing processes.
Assist with plant communications by preparing daily notes and reports, and by monitoring maintenance work orders.
Key Accountability: Projects
Key Accountability: Compliance
Assists in monitoring Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with ISO-9000 and 14000 to confirm compliance and make improvement modifications as required.
Assists environmental affairs department in preparation of environmental permits and to assure compliance with existing environmental permits and requirements
Key Accountability: Back-up and other duties
Minimum Experience Level:
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts: thermodynamics, heat transfer, etc.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, AutoCAD, DOS and Windows
- Knowledge of basic statistical process control techniques
- Practical understanding of manufacturing plant operations
- Project Management
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Good communication skills, including written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- 3 - 5 years experience as a chemical engineer in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a Carbon Black manufacturing plant
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental engineering principle
- High performance teamwork training
0 - 2 Years
Manager Technology & Engineering