Job Purpose: To spearhead the implementation/transition of solutions from R & D to Plant.
· Identify and scope the techno-economic challenges at the project formulation and the implementation stages.
· Develop the business case and techno-commercial feasibility proposal of the R&D solution.
· Evaluate the engineering aspects and vendor selection for / fabrication / modifications / new equipment
· Coordinate with the manufacturing and R&D teams to implement the R&D solution.
· Identify the key technology challenges from manufacturing and facilitate converting these into projects for R&D
Professional Experience description:
· Demonstrated operational/technical experience in manufacturing process improvements, translation of technology solution to the plant, scale-up and commercialization.
· Demonstrated experience in developing the techno-economic proposal and exposure to project engineering
· Managing multidisciplinary projects and demonstrating results to internal/external customer; networking with external collaborators/partners (preferred).
· Strong manufacturing background and process knowledge with experience in leading and implementing the technical solution.
· Preparation of techno-economic feasibility and project reports, project engineering, equipment sizing and specs, system integration.
· Demonstrated expertise in identifying the technology challenges and applying innovative process engineering concepts to solve the plant problems.
· Well conversant with six sigma, TQM, Kaizan and stage-gate based project management systems.
· Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
Age: 30 – 35 yrs.
Professional Qualifications: B Tech/M Tech (Chemical Engineering)
Professional Experience: 10 + years preferred
Key Ask from the position holder:
· Building relationships with plant stakeholders by being involved in addressing routine operational issues from R&D perspective and be able to envisage challenges & technology advancements for the benefit of the plant.
· Co-operate with R&D and use synergies & expertise to convert problems into effective solutions.
· Strong domain expertise in at least one area, more than one would be added advantage.
What’s for the position holder?
· The position can be a secondment, after spending min 3 years in the position and as projects grow by no’s/ volumes it will evolve into strategic R&D portfolio managing a team OR will have a choice to move back to manufacturing too.
B.Tech/M Tech (Chemical Engineering)