The Benefits Manager will play a leadership role in the design and analysis of the company’s benefits program. He or she will have a tremendous, hands-on opportunity to influence the company, leadership team and employees regarding the health, wellness and retirement plans. This position is available to someone with an entrepreneurial attitude, a global and international interest, a keen ability to view the details as well as the broad perspective on company policies, and someone who can adeptly perform back office functions with benefit plans.
Functions and Responsibilities:
The Benefits Manager will plan and administer U.S. benefit plans including: retirement and savings plans, medical, dental, vision group insurance, life and disability plans. He/she will be the primary contact for regulatory reporting; auditing and vendor relations. He/she will conduct annual enrollments, provide guidance to employees on qualifying events, benefit policies and practices, and handle employee inquiries.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Responsible for benefits administration, design and analysis to assist in the overall management of the company benefit plans
· Develop communications for benefits programs and support over 330 U.S. based employees in 3 locations; Georgia, Louisiana, and Kansas
· Coordinate with U.S. plant sites and with employees to resolve issues with carriers for employee benefits
· Work with payroll to ensure proper deductions and payments for retirement and disability plans
· Lead enrollment processes for U.S. benefits to ensure timely completion
· Oversee preparation and submission of legally required filings. Prepare and file Form 5500 s and represent US benefit plans to external contacts
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in benefits administration, design and analysis. He/she will have either been a benefits manager leading or assisting in the design and analysis of all or parts of a benefit plan and is passionate about optimizing plans in the designing, analysis and communications of benefits to and for employees.
Specific qualifications include:
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience administering a self-insured plan that would include the designing, analyzing and enhancements of benefit plans and the communications of those plans
· Experience and familiarity with the setup and transitioning (implementation) of file feeds for third party vendors
· Strong verbal and written communication skills sufficient to do group presentations and formulate communication needs
· Ability to successfully perform independent in-depth cost/benefit analysis with a high degree of accuracy and in time-critical situations
· Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to meet with/counsel individual employees
· Knowledge of or experience with filing 5500’s on an annual basis
· Knowledge of MS Office as well as database and project management applications.