person will provide expertise to the maintenance team by servicing, repairing
and replacing mechanical equipment throughout the facility. Maintains a primary
focus within maintenance, but can work with engineers and other such
technicians/mechanics/engineers across the site to seek best practices for
mechanical installations. Will need to
have the skills to work on the following mechanical equipment and its
components but not limited to:
Equipment (high and low speed) i.e. pumps, fans, blowers, etc.
Systems - Bucket Elevators, Belt & Screw Conveyors, etc.
Filters, Reactors, Heat Exchangers
and Structural Components
Equipment - Steam Turbines, Boilers, Cooling Towers, Incinerators
Flow Controls, Strainers, Filters
- Provides direct
assistance in the troubleshooting of mechanical equipment problems and
initiate the repair.
- Interface with
vendors for maintenance and other related activities.
equipment reliability and performance.
- Maintain a high
level of technical expertise on mechanical systems and standards.
- May be involved
in working with contract or company engineering for the installation and
commissioning of capital projects.
- Work with the
Team to generate cost savings ideas that reduce the Total Cost of Ownership.
daily with maintenance supervisors and production personnel regarding work
tasks (scopes) and priorities of activities related to maintenance of
- Must keep
current on standards as it relates to plant engineering and maintenance.
and complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety,
JSA’s and other work rules; includes compliance with all regulatory
mandates, such as lockout/tagout, electrical safety, confined spaces, etc.
and environmental policies.
strive for continuous improvement for the overall operation of the
participate and be involved in skills training to improve as technology
changes. Motivated to always learn more.
Minimum Experience Level:
- HS degree or GED
- Vo-Tech School training certification a plus for entry level position if experience and skills are not met.
- Ability to stand, bend and climb for an entire shift.
- Flexibility to do shift work from time to time. Willing to work required overtime and respond to call-outs as the work load peaks because of equipment issues disrupting the operations of the facility.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Relevant experience in Operations, Engineering, or Maintenance in the chemical or refining industries. Vo-Tech certification will be considered in lieu of this requirement.
- Experienced in the engineering, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of one or more of the equipment identified in the Job Description. Vo-Tech certification will be considered in lieu of this requirement.
- Ability to read P&ID's, General Arrangement drawings and Piping schematics.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain records and logs, complete necessary paperwork legibly and timely.
- Good computer skills. Ability to use Email, Internet and Computer Based Training Programs.
- Ability to work in elevated locations
- Ability to understand technical manuals on industrial machines
- Ability to assist in developing critical equipment job plans
- Ability to fabricate and repair flanged, screwed and welded piping systems of various types of metals.
- Certified welding on piping and structural systems is a plus.
- A good working knowledge of various oils and greases and of proper lubrication techniques.
- Experience with performing Preventive Maintenance (PM) and working with PM programs.
- Experience with Predictive Maintenance (PdM) techniques such as Oil Analysis, Vibration Analysis, Ultrasonic, and Infrared Testing.
- Experience in Laser Alignment Techniques.
- Experience in basic welding on structural and piping equipment.
- Experience in Field Balancing on rotating equipment.
Vo-Tech Training Certification
- Industrial Maintenance Technology Curriculum
- Prepares individuals to install, repair, and maintain industrial machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and production machinery.
- Includes instruction in testing, adjusting, and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, attaching supplemental equipment such as hoses, valves, gates, mechanical control devices.
- Also includes working on material handling equipment, pipefitting, welding, metal fabrication, and millwright skills.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 85% on the Mechanical Comprehension Test in order to be considered further.
0 - 2 Years