A full-time/permanent position as a Repairman (Millwright) is available in our Maintenance and Repair Department, located in Hamilton, Ontario. The successful candidate, under the direction of the Mechanical Supervisor, will be responsible for performing maintenance and repairs on various types of equipment to maximize operating reliability.
The successful applicant must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Maintains, services, inspects, checks, monitors, calibrates, tests, upgrades, relocates, re-conditions, lubricates, fabricates, fit-welds, replaces, modifies, re-builds, installs, and repairs all of our new/existing mechanical equipment in support of our operations, consistent with our maintenance procedures/policies, our predictive/preventative Maintenance programs, and our commitment to safety, the environment, operational efficiency, product quality, system reliability, and housekeeping.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and restores to operational capability all mechanical breakdowns, consistent with our commitment to the timely resolution of all emergencies.
- Satisfactorily completes all maintenance work orders, assignments, schedules, plans, and priority work lists; consistent with our commitment to on-time performance.
- Recommends the purchase of mechanical equipment/parts, Tools and the modification of Mechanical equipment and procedures, as appropriate, consistent with our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Prepares and maintains all required mechanical reports and related documentation.
- Performs all required tasks in a manner consistent with the needs of our internal customers and our commitment to the success of our fellow maintenance team members.
- Actively participates in all mechanical-related programs, including ISO 9000 and World-Class maintenance.
- Continuously improves self-productivity, skill, morale, team spirit, and commitment to safety, quality, and customer satisfaction through training, self-awareness, and personal involvement.
- Provides back-up and call-in services as required to meet our operational needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Level:
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
· Licensed Industrial Millwright.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in continuous process, chemical, or carbon-black manufacturing plant is an asset.
· Experience in maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment such as but not limited to fans, blowers, pumps, gearboxes, steam turbines, bucket elevators, belt and screw conveyors, dust collectors, steam traps and piping.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
· Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and to complete the work safely.
· Self-motivated and always working towards Reliability Excellence.
· Demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Practical computer skills: (MS Office, MS Project, SAP, etc.)
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and work in dusty environments.
- Able to work outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Able to operate basic mechanical tools and controls safely and efficiently.
- 8-hour regular shifts: Monday – Friday: 7:00am to 3:00pm.
- 1-week afternoon shift (3:00pm to 11:00pm) in rotation with rest of crew; required approximately once every seven weeks.
- Occasional overtime/on-call duties as required.