A full-time/permanent position as a Process Engineer is available in our Operations Department, located in Hamilton, Ontario. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for monitoring, identifying and implementing opportunities to (a.) continuously improve our operational processes, (b.) to maximize production rates, operational efficiency, product quality, safety, and (c.) to minimize downtime, cost, energy utilization, waste, and environmental impact.
The successful applicant must be able to perform the following tasks:
· Establish, monitor, and maintain performance measures, logs, metrics, and records for all relevant feedstock transfer, production process, and production control processes.
· Inspect, review, evaluate, and monitor operational equipment, operational conditions, operating procedures, production processes, and employee work practices for recommended improvements.
· Develop, recommend and implements production equipment, production process and operating procedure improvements to (a.) maximize production rates, operational efficiency, product quality, and safety, and (b.) to minimize downtime, cost, energy utilization, waste, and environmental impact.
· Design, develop, implement, and manage action plans and projects (in conjunction with Operations and engineering) to resolve immediate and long-term production issues/problems.
· Assist with special engineering projects and other project-related responsibilities as directed.
· Assist in the development and training of operational personnel.
· Performs other process improvement related responsibilities as directed.
· Provide secondary relief for operational supervisors.
· Continuously improve self-productivity, skill, morale, team spirit, and commitment to safety, quality, and internal customer satisfaction through training, self-awareness and personal hands-on involvement.