Senior Manager, Accounting at Aditya Birla Careers
This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Manager Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the month-end close process of all North America entities, financial analysis, and supervision of the North America Accounting Team. This position works with the AR, AP, FP&A, Treasury, Operations and other areas. He or She is responsible for closing Oracle and SAP systems each month. This position works closely with the corporate accounting, treasury, operations and other administrative functions to ensure transactions are booked timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Novelis North America consolidation in accordance with US GAAP
- Coordinate monthly analytical Balance Sheet and Income Statement Reviews
- Ensure Month end closing of the North American entities from management and statutory prospective
- Provide guidance on technical (US GAAP/IFRS) accounting issues to plant locations and value streams
- Coordinate monthly close and related reporting of Fixed Assets, Revenue, Accruals and Intercompany
- Support the Regional Controller on special accounting projects and system implementations
- Participate in SOX internal control testing and external audit
- Responsible for process improvements in his/her area
Infrastructure & Welfare:
Novelis is the worlds premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling with world headquarters located in the Buckhead business district of Atlanta Georgia. Novelis headquarters was opened in 2010 and serves as the strategic hub for executive leadership and all corporate functions.Our Global Headquarters are home to Novelis corporate functions including Global Commercial and Strategy Supply Chain Recycling Procurement Human Resources Sustainability Communications and Government Affairs Legal Audit Finance and Information Technology.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting/Finance
- Professional qualification in accounting (CPA) is preferred.
- Experience in / Previous exposure to audit field and corporate accounting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is a must. Knowledge of IFRS and Indian GAAP is a plus.
- Hyperion and SAP or other integrated system experience. Strong command of MS Office tools, mainly Excel.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Reliable and accurate working style, self-starter and hands-on mentality
- Organizational skills
Minimum Experience Level:
Last date of application: